One of the best ways to get involved with the community is to serve on the board for a nonprofit. From time to time we will be posting board openings on the ELO website. If this is an opportunity that appeals to you, we encourage you to connect with the organization.
Portland Actors Conservatory provides rigorous actor training that engages the mind and heart of the artist, while cultivating a spirit of lifelong investment in the arts.
The success of any not-for-profit organization is primarily dependent on two factors: 1) a strong mission served by quality programming, and 2) a strong management structure that is supported at its foundation by the Board of Directors.
Board of Directors Mission:
The Board of Directors is dedicated to supporting the mission of Portland Actors Conservatory by maintaining oversight of and responsibility for any and all legal and financial matters of the organization, including approval of the annual budget, making policy decisions, hiring of senior management, developing and implementing a fundraising plan, and support ongoing board development. In addition, the members of the Board of Directors will act as ambassadors of the organization throughout the community.
The members of the Conservatory’s Board of Directors shall have a passion for the mission of the organization and shall be a diverse representation of individuals within our community with respect to gender and race.
The following sectors have been identified as a general "wish list" as we pursue new members:
- Financial - Accounting, Banking
- Higher Education Leadership
- General Corporate
Board members are expected to:
- Attend regular monthly Board meetings and special meetings scheduled by the Board.
- Be willing and able to use their community influence for the benefit of the Conservatory.
- Approve and oversee the annual budget.
- Make an annual significant financial contribution in support of the Conservatory.
- Attend Conservatory productions and special events. Board members are encouraged to bring potential supporters or students to productions and fundraising events.
- Complete individual work plan tasks as developed in cooperation with Conservatory management and Board leadership.